Junior Firefighter Award
Qualifications for the IVFA Junior Firefighter Award
- Actively Involved In An Organized Junior Firefighter Program or Cadet Program.
- Department Must Be a Paid Department of the Indiana Volunteer Firefighter's Association.
- Must Be Between The Ages of 14 & 21 Years Of Age.
- Must Be a High School Graduate, Attending High School or Attending a School of Higher Learning, or received a GED.
- Letters Of Recommendation Must Be Received In The Office Of The IVFA By February 1.
- Award Will Be Presented At The IVFA Convention Held In June.
- The Award Will Be Judged By The Awards Committee And Will Be Overseen By Jack Kerney For The First Three Years.
- Award Will Be Donated And Presented By Jack & Barbara Kerney.
- The Award Will Be A Large Gold Speaking Trumpet With A Green Cord Mounted On A Walnut Base.
Selection Criteria for the IVFA Junior Firefighter Award
- Level of training the participant has achieved.
- Number of years in Junior Firefighter program.
- Duties the participant has been assigned to and participated in.
- Number of hours the participant has accumulated in training, fire prevention, fund raiser, etc. (list all that apply with number of hours)
- Letters of reference. (church, school, other organizations)
- Outside activities (church, school, other organizations)
- Family and school back ground.
- Career field the participant would like to follow.
- Any other pertinent information that would be useful.
- In your own words state why you feel you should be selected as the Junior Firefighter of the year.
2014 - Justin Baker, Bloomfield VFD
2015 - Noah Wilson